Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Front Vest Darts & Interlining

After cutting and marking my fabric pieces, I sewed the darts in place.  When making a dart, it's best not to back stitch at the top.  Instead sew the dart in place and go back and hand tie the knot at the top/bottom of the dart.

Next I sewed the interfacing in place. 

The next step will be to make the welted pockets.  I attempted to follow Simplicity's directions for a welted pocket, but the result was not pretty.  The problem is that their technique is not an accurate way to make the welt and you will very likely end up with the top and bottom welt not matching and not even.  I have a different technique I plan to use and will share that with you so that we can compare the results of the Simplicity method vers. my preferred method.