Sunday, September 26, 2010

Random Notes on Welts and Vest Status

If you have a welt pattern that is a narrow one inch strip and the directions are telling you to cut two pieces and fold each in half to make the welt, I would recommend that you toss it.  These were the instructions on my Simplicity pattern and after much struggling the welt looked pretty bad.  The below directions for making a welt will work much better, but you will want to practice making the welt several times before you attempt on your garment.  Having a great iron that steams well is going to make a big difference too.

Second thought for the day is that I had to put my vest project on the back burner for several weeks as I was dealing with some things, but I should be finished up in the next day or two.


The Professor asked that the buttons from his old vest be transferred onto the new one.